Sunday, October 2, 2011

thank you ms.woolf


Well it’s been quite some days since my last post and as always I have an excuse. A brilliant one to say the least if I may say so myself!!! I am simultaneously writing on four different  streams of thoughts and yes very often I end up thinking about the warring ideas rather than putting them down on paper….or rather my computer screen!! In the process all four are half written and waiting rather morosely to see the light of the day. It’s quite frustrating to say the least. First having to deal with the ‘having-no-inclination- to-write’ phase and now having the ‘too-much-to–say-and-don’t-know-how’ phase!!! Patience is a virtue I very clearly seem to have missed out on.
I personally feel that the stream of consciousness theory, pioneered by ms Virginia Woolf amongst others, was basically just a smokescreen for dealing with this kind of a thought process!!! I mean why bother separating the different streams when you can just dump them all together and let the poor reader plod his way through trying to basically find the point!!! Imagine being able to write what you please as you want it without the completely unfair added pressure of it having to make sense!!!
Our politicians have after all mastered this art and it seems to be working for them too. Have you ever seen them hold forth on their accomplishments??? Its so much more interesting watching paint dry! On and on they go talking about this and that making absolutely no sense while the hastily herded together audience concentrates (and rightly so)on the paid-for puri aaloo and swats at  flies!!! Or our done to death saas bahu soaps for that matter. Stretched way beyond requirement repetitive and monotonous…..but yet they hold the nation in thrall! They make not an iota of sense even when they are all clubbed together!!! Definitely stream of consciousness at work there I say!
Wouldn’t life be wonderful if anything worth saying could be said as a long meandering monologue with no friendly voices telling you to kindly cap it and get to the DAMN POINT!!!! Ok ok I heard you guys….am going back to writing!!!

1 comment:

  1. thats the best part of a blog my dahlin.... ;-D
    the meandering thoughts and the monologue..which NO ONE can interrupt!
    you can go on and on and there is no one to stop you!

    ReplyDelete