Sunday, April 21, 2013

in a poets state of mind

well the dreamer has been dreaming for way too long....and as always there are half written drafts cluttering up my computer screen...yes i have never learnt to make a folder and file them away. so there they are constant reminders that yet again the procrastinator in me has overtaken the writer. well i have been writing but its been more poetry than prose and that's when it occurred to me that maybe i shouldn't be waiting for a prose to happen....whatever i write...here it comes!!!


Tell me more
Tell me of the times we will have
The laughs we will share
The lives we will live
Tell me of tomorrow
Of the wishes that will come true
Of the beautiful days
Of the limitless love
Why won’t you say?
Say it’s not the end
Say that it’s right
Say that its forever
Why is it that when I turn
You are never there
And I’m talking to myself
Yet again?





Don’t ask me to smile
Don’t tell me its fine
Tear me up
Wear me down
Just don’t say
A better day
Is coming around
Let me swim
Against the tide
Let me tire
Let me drown
Don’t hold me up
High in the sky
Let me falter
Let me fail
From here I look at heaven
From up there
I see only the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment